Friday, September 21, 2012

Snippets of Life: Count Your Many.......Apples?

Blessings come in all shapes and sizes they say. This week my blessings where less like a shower and more like an avalanche! My mother in-law texted and asked if I had room in my refrigerator for apples. How nice to have a few apples, I thought, and responded, "sure!" Within minutes my refrigerator was filled with not a few apples, but a few bags of apples! Apparently Mom and the kids had been apple picking and filled the van so full that they didn't have enough seats for everyone! They of course solved this problem by stopping by and giving me a bunch so that they would have more room in the van.

I suddenly became very busy sorting apples.......


......washing apples.........



........peeling apples.......


........slicing apples..........



.......sugaring apples......



But hey, it was all worth it because the end result was 22 quarts of free apples in my freezer, plus a few leftover to eat!



Now I have visions of apple pie, apple butter and apple crisp all dancing through my head! Maybe next week.........



2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures! Wish I could have been there to help you . . . I'm sure doing it together would have made it more interesting! ;)
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it definitely would have been more fun to cut up apples with you!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts and questions! I would love to hear what you have to say!

Comments that are not respectful or appropriate will be removed.